The Organising Committee of The European Conference on Education (ECE) is calling for abstract submissions. To present your research at the conference your abstract must first pass double-blind peer review. Upon payment of registration fees, your attendance at the conference will be confirmed.
Conference Theme & Streams
Conference Theme: "Surviving and Thriving: Education in Times of Change"
The conference theme for ECE is "Surviving and Thriving: Education in Times of Change", and the organisers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Submissions are organised into the following thematic streams:
Teaching & Learning
- Learning Experiences, Student Learning & Learner Diversity
- Teaching Experiences, Pedagogy, Practice & Praxis
- Assessment Theories & Methodologies
- Curriculum Design & Development
- Adult, Lifelong & Distance Learning
- Education & Difference: Gifted Education, Special Education, Learning Difficulties & Disability
- Interdisciplinary, Multidisciplinary & Transdisciplinary Education
- Educational Policy, Leadership, Management & Administration
- Educational Research, Development & Publishing
- Professional Training, Development & Concerns in Education
- Primary & Secondary Education
- Higher Education
Community & Society
- Education, Sustainability & Society: Social Justice, Development & Political Movements
- International Education
Language & Culture
- Language Development & Literacy
- Foreign Languages Education & Applied Linguistics (including ESL/TESL/TEFL)
- Challenging & Preserving: Culture, Inter/Multiculturalism & Language
Psychology, Mind & Brain
- Mind, Brain & Psychology: Human Emotional & Cognitive Development & Outcomes within Educational
- Counselling, Guidance & Adjustment in Education
Innovation & Technology
- Design, Implementation & Assessment of Innovative Technologies in Education
- Nurturing Creativity & Innovation: New, Innovative & Radical Education
- Knowledge Creation, Preservation & Access: Curation, Librarianship, Information & Archival Science
How to Submit Your Abstract
- To submit, go to IAFOR's online submission system.
- Create your account. Your email address will be used as your username and you will be asked to create a password.
- Submit your abstract (maximum 250 words), choosing from the presentation formats listed below (Individual, Poster, Symposium, Workshop or Virtual).
- Submit well before the submission deadline in order to benefit from Early Bird or Advanced Registration rates.
- Your abstract will undergo double-blind peer review and the results will usually be returned to you within three weeks.
- If your abstract is accepted you will be invited to register for the conference.
- Upon payment of the registration fee, you will receive a confirmation email containing your official receipt.
Check on the status of your abstract submission by logging in to the online submission system. The status is displayed in the "Your Submissions" area. Your personal information may be edited at any time.
If your paper is accepted for presentation at the conference, a notification email will be sent to your registered email address. If you do not receive this email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Authors as Reviewers: A Reciprocal System
Our academic events would not be what they are without a commitment to ensuring adherence to international norms of abstract peer review. IAFOR relies on a large number of international scholars from around the world to contribute to a shared vision of promoting and engaging in international, intercultural and interdisciplinary dialogue, and if you are taking part in an IAFOR event, then that means you. Authors may be asked to review up to five abstracts for the conference. You are under no obligation to participate in this reciprocal system, but if you are selected to review, and undertake this task of grading abstracts for the the conference, you will be credited in the conference programme.
Because of the complexity of putting the Conference Programme together and the large numbers of participants involved, it is not usually possible to accommodate requests for specific presentation days or times. We ask that you reserve requests for religious reasons or other exceptional and unavoidable circumstances.
We encourage participants to attend the conference each day in order to benefit fully from the experience. While requests for specific presentation days or times are not accepted other than under exceptional circumstances, you may request one blackout day – a day on which you will not be scheduled to present at the conference.
Scheduling requests will not be accepted after the registration deadline.
If you wish your paper to be published in the Conference Proceedings, once you have registered please ensure that you upload your full paper through the online system by August 01, 2018.
Final papers are only accepted in Microsoft Word format. Before submitting your paper please ensure that you have read the Final Paper Guidelines and formatted your paper correctly.
Publication & Licensing Issues
IAFOR believes in “Open Access” publishing, and since 2009, has been committed to maintaining an online searchable research archive that offers free access to anyone, anywhere, where there is Internet access, regardless of institutional affiliation or scholarly rank. IAFOR publications are accessible on the website (Open Access) to researchers all over the world, completely free of charge and without delay or embargo. Authors and contributors are not required to pay charges of any sort towards the publication of IAFOR journals.
Abstracts, research papers, and video footage are published under an IAFOR user license and are protected by copyright. Users may access, download, copy, translate, text and data mine, redistribute, display or adapt the articles for non-commercial purposes provided that users follow the guidelines set out in the IAFOR User License.
Journals and other forms of print and digital media will be made available by IAFOR to the general public on an online, Open Access basis. By publishing their work with IAFOR, authors enter into an exclusive License Agreement, where they have copyright but license exclusive rights in their article to IAFOR as the publisher.